Job Applicant Privacy Notice
In any recruitment process, Air Canada collects, uses and discloses personal information about job applicants. This policy describes what information we collect about job applicants, and how we use and disclose that information.
What personal information does Air Canada collect and how?
We collect the following personal information about you:
- Any information you provide in your application such as your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number.
- Any information provided in your curriculum vitae (CV) such as details of your qualifications, skills, previous work experience, employment history, education, academic achievements and awards, diplomas, certifications, professional memberships, languages, social media accounts, and personal information contained in your cover letter.
- Any personal information you provide during a telephone, video, or in-person interview(s).
- Any personal information given by the references you provided to us.
- Any other information in your application that you choose to share with us such as personal preferences, hobbies, travel and willingness to relocate, social preferences.
- Information related to security or fraud prevention collected as permitted by law with or without your knowledge or consent.
- Information you have provided to job boards or online recruitment services such as LinkedIn or Indeed, who have your consent to share it with clients like us.
- For certain safety critical positions, medical examination information.
- Information about your current salary and desired salary.
How does Air Canada use your personal information?
Air Canada uses your personal information to evaluate your suitability for employment as an actual or potential candidate. This means:
- Contacting you about employment opportunities (if you have created a profile on this site for this purpose)
- Assessing your job application
- Managing your candidate profile
- Collecting your feedback on Air Canada recruitment matters
- Verifying your references
- Conducting background checks (before offering you a position), as permitted by law
- Complying with legal obligations
- Complying with corporate governance.
Note: If you become an Air Canada employee, then your personal information will be used to manage the employment relationship. The information will become part of your employee file.
Safeguarding Personal Information
Air Canada has appropriate technical and organizational security measures in place, appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Air Canada uses contractual and other means so that your personal information is afforded the same protection by any of our third-party service providers.
Personal Information may be stored outside Canada
Air Canada may use service providers to perform certain technical activities such as hosting the website, and as a result, your personal information may be used, stored, or accessed in other countries and therefore may be subject to the laws of those countries. For example, personal information may be disclosed in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts or law enforcement in these countries.
Creation and Retention of your Profile
When you enter your email address and submit other personal information through this Careers Website, Air Canada creates a profile about you for the purposes described in this policy. This profile will be retained until you notify us that you no longer wish to be contacted for that purpose. Air Canada will securely destroy or delete all personal information once it is no longer needed, in accordance with the law.
Access to Personal Information
To access or correct the personal information provided in your profile, you can do so by logging on the Careers website. You may also make a written request for access to other personal information Air Canada holds about you. To do so, or to request the deletion of your profile and personal information, please contact the Air Canada Privacy Office at the address below.
This Privacy Statement was last updated June 1, 2020.
Addressing Your Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or wish to inform us of a change in your communications preferences (i.e. you no longer wish to be notified of employment opportunities), please contact Air Canada’s Privacy Officer at:
Air Canada Centre
Law Branch ZIP YUL 1276
7373 Cote Vertu West
St. Laurent, Quebec H4Y 1H4